Find Events for The Emerald City Social Club in these places:
- Yahoo – The Emerald City Social Club has a Yahoo Group called: “Seattle Area Transgender Activities and Events” or just: “Seattle Trans”
Here is how to join the Yahoo Group:
1. Go to Yahoo.com
If you are not already signed into Yahoo, sign in. If you are not previously signed up with Yahoo, sign up. You will be required to get a Yahoo email but you don’t have to use it to receive emails. You can receive emails to any other address that you wish.
2. On the left side of that page there is a list of things like Mail, Autos, News etc. If there is not the word Groups on that list, go to the bottom of the list where it says “More Yahoo Sites>” and click that. It will give you a popup that includes the word “Groups.” Click on that.
3. A new page will come up with a search box at the top with the words “Search Groups” in it. Type in “Seattle area transgender activities” (without the quotes). A list will appear with an item that says “Seattle Trans.” Click on that. It should take you to a page that says: Seattle Area Transgender Activities and Events.
4. In the middle of the page in a dark blue rectangle you will see “+ Join Group”
Click on that. From there, if you are not signed into Yahoo, you will get a page where you can either sign into Yahoo with your Yahoo username and password or you can create a new account. If you have to create a new account, you will have to get a Yahoo email address. You don’t have to use this Yahoo address as a receiving address for the Yahoo emails. You can change your primary email address to any other email thus receiving the emails to your normal email address. If you need the process for doing the change, just ask.
- Facebook – The Emerald City has a strong presence on Facebook. If you are already on Facebook, you can go to the Emerald City Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/theemeraldcity/
If you are not already a member of Facebook, sign up at https://www.facebook.com
- The Emerald City Newsletter– The Emerald City Club publishes a hardcopy newsletter once a month. You must be a member of The Emerald City Club to receive the newsletter. It has more information about events and club news that is only in the newsletter.
- Email – The Emerald City(EC) Club president creates an email once a week called: “Events at a Glance.” This email give a list of public events and private to EC members events. If you are a member and not receiving her email contact Melissa at MelissaCyn@CenturyLink.net for to be added to her email.
- The Emerald City Hotline – If all else fails, you can call the Emerald City Hotline 425-827-9494 to find out more. The hotline is now answered on most any time during normal hours (between 9am and 9pm). If no one answers, try after 5pm and before 9pm or leave a message.
Want to know more? Become a member of the Emerald City. Join the fun. Join the Emerald City – Call the Emerald City Hotline staffed Tuesday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.